Do You Know What Information Needs to be Saved for Tax Reporting?
Do you have a system that makes it easy for you to compile your tax information?
Some Tips about Tax Documentation
- At the beginning of each year, create a folder, envelope or box labeled “Taxes” and the current year.
- Save receipts and documentation for potential deductions that occur infrequently or irregularly in the “Taxes” location with the date and method of payment indicated on the documentation. If you paid by check, include a copy of the canceled check.
- When you are ready to do your taxes or hand the information to your accountant, sort the information in the “Taxes” file by type and paperclip similar items together in ascending order with the most recent payment on top.
Still Confused about Tax Documentation?
I Can Help
- Create a filing system that is easy
- Determine what information needs to be saved
- Organize your tax documentation for your accountant
Benefits to You
• Peace of Mind
• $ Savings
• Goal Attainment